The Fella (or, The Mister) and I are leaving for our honeymoon in a few hours, before we leave I wanted to share a bit of our special day with all of you. It really was absolutely perfect. I couldn’t have asked for a more wonderful day to start off our family. 


The day started early, 4:30am to be exact. I apologize to my wedding party again. We started the hair and makeup process at 5am so we could be at the venue by 10am–we were still late, but not by much. I have to say, I was cool as a cucumber until I actually put on my wedding dress–I slept well–I wasn’t nervous, and then, well then I transformed into a crying, snotty mess!  With the addition of a white dress I became super emotional–out of nowhere, like ruined all the bridal photos emotional, which lasted until Roy and I had our first look. He’ll be mad at me for sharing this with the world, but he got kind of emotional then too. Once I was with him again I was fine. Does that mean I’m needy?

The next half hour was a blur, we signed our marriage license and Ketubah, and then we got hitched!


The ceremony was by far my favorite, most present moment of the day. We were lucky to have a rabbi who also happens to be a friend officiate, which helped to make the ceremony even more personal than we ever could have imagined. We had a traditional orthodox Jewish ceremony, which meant there were no vows on my end. I basically just got to stand there and get married at, which was okay with me, because if I had been tasked with speaking I’m afraid all hell would have broken loose in my tear ducts again.


And then the partying started. 



 To the tune of “Addicted to Love”






 It sounds cliche to say, but our wedding day was really the happiest, most perfect day of our lives to date. Having said that, I know there are a lot more happy, perfect days coming our way–this is just the beginning of what I know will be an amazing life. I’m so lucky to have found Roy in this world. To be honest, I never thought I would. For many years I believed that I was so loved, I have such amazing family and friends, that it would be asking too much of the universe to have that kind of romantic love as well. And then, well, then I met this guy…


I’ve never felt so loved.

I’d like to say that we’ve spent the four days since our nuptials in the throes of passion, but in reality we’ve had house guests and I went straight back to work after the wedding. If you’re planning a wedding, take my advice–don’t go right back to work, it really kills the nuptial buzz. 

No updates from me for a few days, I’ll be computer-free while on a beach in Puerto Vallarta!  See you in a week!