I don’t mean to play favorites, but of all Jamie Eason’s homemade protein bar concoctions these are the best.
I’ve mentioned before that I have a bit of a fitness crush on Jamie Eason. She’s a fitness model, writer, and über helpful Facebooker. I don’t’ know her, so I’m not plugging a friend here, I just really like her. Whenever I’m looking for a little gymsperation I hit up her page and I’m reminded that strong is sexy and heavy objects need lifting. I’ve taken to keeping a constant supply of her homemade protein muffins on hand for post workout nourishment. Not only are they little bundles of protein-y joy, but they’re not calorie bombs either—something the store-bought versions tend to be.
Carrot Cake Protein Bars/Muffins from BodyBuilding.com
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup liquid egg whites or 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup Splenda (baking version)
- 8 oz baby food carrots (Target sells a carrot and apple mix that also works out well)
- 4 oz water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, whey protein, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix egg whites, Splenda, baby food carrots and water in another bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. Pour ingredients (makes approximately 10 muffins)
- Bake 20-30 minutes.