Holy October Batman, where did 2011 go!
Yay for cardigans and scarves, boo for closed-toed shoes. Ready or not it is officially autumn.
I love fall, even if it does mean that winter is just a few short months away. Fall is crisp and invigorating, and it’s like one last shot to make the most of the year. We’re in the homestretch of 2011, and I plan on making the absolute most of October, you know the last month before the cold sets in and the epic eatathon that is the holiday season starts.
A quick review of last month’s resolutions:
- Finish editing sample chapters and send to my agent. I’m close guys, I’m really close. Eeek.
- Work on date-life balance. This one pretty much resolved itself. The fella is in grad school and once the school year kicked in we definitely spent less time cuddling. Sigh, I miss the constant cuddling, but this is far more productive.
- More reviews/editorial calendar. Errrr. Fail.
- Stretch. I’ve actually been stretching more. It hurts so good. And by good I mean it hurts.
- Buy a new gym bag. Gym bag accomplished. I bought the puddle jumper bag as recommended in the comments! Thanks for your expert advice TKC readers!
So what am I resolving for October? Good question…
- Have the most awesometastic Halloween costume ever! I have an idea and I think it’s just dandy. Having said that it’s going to take a few trips to the hardware store and the aide of some power tools to put together. I better get started early in the month. I’m not going to reveal it just yet, but know in advance it won’t be slutty! I do not believe in the whole “Halloween is an excuse to dress slutty” phenomenon. If I wanted to dress like a hoochie I’d do it on a day that I didn’t have so much competition 😉
- More book work. This is going to be a constant on the resolutions list, methinks.
- Be patient and helpful to my parents. The folks are gearing up to move and I know that means heading out to Long Island on the weekends to help them pack and get ready. I’m not sure I’ve ever mentioned it here, but I can be a bit bratty sometimes, and I’m working on keeping that in check. There’s just something about going home to do chores that makes me revert back to adolescent Kim.
- BUDGET. And by budget I mean find more money. I’m officially broke, guys. I love freelancing professionally, but it’s not always the most lucrative way to live…especially when certain clients that shall remain nameless forget to pay me for months at a time. (No, really, I’m not bitter) As much as I’d like to just resolve myself to memoir writing, I’m going to need to find some more income to keep me afloat…and cut my spending on EVERYTHING.
- Bring Operation Hot Bridesmaid on home. I have four more pounds that I want to lose until I get to my Operation Hot(test) Bridesmaid goal. The wedding is in six-weeks. I’m pretty sure I can do it.
That seems like a well-rounded October, don’t you think?
What are you resolving for October?