You know what I love?
The SELF Workout in the Park. I try to make it the event in New York City every year. It really is a ton of fun. Instructors from Crunch fitness (my gym!) teach mini classes in the park, there are tons of giveaways, but the best part is that there’s this overwhelming feeling of healthiness and empowerment.
Picture it: Central park filled with women of all shapes and sizes downward-dogging, urban rebounding, and bootcamping together for fun. It’s just really cool.
Well the folks at SELF asked me if I’d like to host a giveaway for ya’ll to spread the SELFy fun. This is kind of short notice, but I can giveaway two tickets for this weekend’s event for one lucky-ducky in NYC, and for those of you that aren’t in town but still want to get in on the SELF action, I’m giving away a SELF water bottle and an i.Renew bracelet (disclaimer: The i.Renew bracelet claims to help with focus and energy levels. I’ve never used one, so I am not endorsing the product, just giving it away–I’d love to hear a review from any of you who have tried it).
If you just happen to be in New York this Saturday I whole-heartedly recommend hitting up this event. It’s one of my favorite fitness events of year. Here are the details:
- WHAT: SELF Magazine Workout in the Park
- WHERE: New York (Rumsey Playfield, Central Park): May 7, 2011
- WHEN: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., rain or shine
- HOW: Tickets for SELF magazine Workout in the Park are $20 and can be purchased in advance of the event at www.SELFWorkoutinthePark.com.
The Workout in the Park 2011 roster includes 17 dynamic classes featuring top instruction from innovative fitness leader, CRUNCH. Attendees can stretch and strengthen their way into svelte shape with traditional classes such as Retro-Robics, Beach Body and Masala Bhangra and try out new, unique fitness experiences, including:
- LaBlast—Inspired by Dancing with the Stars, this cardio fat-burning dance class involves various ballroom dance genres. A combination of exhilarating body movements and creative routines that will leave you in a sweat!
- Glee—Learn songs and dances from the show! Move over Rachel and Finn, because you’re the star in this class: dancing, singing, and feeling the burn.
- Kama Strength—i.e. Kama sutra fitness! Strengthens muscles externally and internally and boosts your libido!
- Reebok Toning Zone—Participants will perform unique total-body exercises inspired by Reebok EasyTone shoes, one of today’s biggest fitness trends.
Okay, so here’s how the giveaway will work. Leave a comment for each aspect of the giveaway– one comment for the water bottle/i.Renew giveaway, and one comment for the ticket giveaway if you’re in the NYC area. In your comment tell me what your favorite group fitness class of all time, or if you’ve never gone to a group fitness class, tell me about one you wish you could try.
This is a short notice giveaway. I’ll be picking a winner tomorrow (Friday) by noon.