With Thanksgiving rapidly approaching I think it’s time to give thanks. This year:
- I am thankful, more than anything else in this world, that my mother is alive and continues to get stronger everyday. A year ago my family was going through what was most definitely the scariest moment of our lives. There is not a day that goes by that I’m not wholly aware of how differently my life could be right now.
- I am thankful for the opportunities that continue to arise in my life that allow me to further my writing career. I may not be writing full time, but I am working with people that treat me with respect and creative freedom in my writing endeavors. I am very lucky.
- I am thankful I don’t have bed bugs 😉
- I am thankful to come home everyday to an apartment I truly consider a home. It’s possible that my love for my apartment is a bit over zealous.
- I am always, so thankful that I have such a remarkably supportive and committed group of friends. It never ceases to amaze me how wonderful the people in my life are, I only hope to be able to deserve their friendship.
- I’m thankful for the New York Public Library.
- I am thankful for you, all of you that read my blog. You’re all pretty awesome, I lucked out in the blog reader department too!
What are you most thankful for this year?
Whole grain English muffin with peanut butter
Chicken noodle soup, fruit salad
I was totally inspired by a friend’s blog to make this delicious pasta dish for dinner.
Whole wheat angel hair pasta, with mushrooms, zucchini, scallops in a lemon butter sauce.
(Okay, I didn’t follow her recipe exactly, but I did let it inspire me based on what I had in my produce bins and freezer)