Brrr, New York is so cold…send me back to Florida!
Today at work my boss asked “Did you take pictures.” It’s really embarrassing, but the only thing I took pictures of on vacation was my food! In my defense, we didn’t really go anywhere outside the hotel. It was really just a weekend for relaxing. Less touristy, more sleeping late. We didn’t really do much besides, eat, sleep, and gym. It was a very relaxing weekend.
It was really hard to go to work this morning, but alack, I did it. I am, begrudgingly, a productive member of society.
Friday started out with a wee tiny bit of work before picking me up and rushing off to the airport. I of course brought plenty of reading material.
For the most part, women’s fitness magazines are all pretty much the same. I just subscribed to Runner’s World for a taste of something different and think it’s kind of refreshing.
Oh, right, and Achilles and I broke up at the end of the vacation. Things happen, I’m not heart broken. I think you learn a lot about people in times of stress, and we had stressful blip interrupt our relaxing time at the end of the trip. I don’t think we liked the sides of each other we saw. No consoling needed on this one.
Friday February 12, 2010
- Whole grain bagel with reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 Kiwi fruit
- Sandwich: 2 slices whole wheat toast; 1 slice turkey
- Key Lime Pie Larabar (in honor of my destination)
- Tomato juice
- Shrimp cocktail
- French Onion Soup
Saturday February 13, 2010
Started the day off at the gym with a 3-mile run and upper body strength training.
- Apple juice (no picture)
- Omelet with 3 eggs, Cheddar cheese, spinach, tomato, onion, pepper
- Chicken sausage
- Whole grain toast
- For lunch we split a crab & artichoke dip at a local sports bar
- Blue Moon (I like it because it comes with an orange)
- Split a summer roll appetizer
- Tofu & eggplant in garlic sauce
Sunday, February 14, 2010
- Egg white omelet with Swiss cheese, peppers, spinach, tomato
- Whole grain toast
- Kobe beef sliders (I had 2 out of 3) with red pepper jam
- Tarragon fries
No dinner. Achillis ate too much at lunch and didn’t want to go to dinner. I was peeved so I spent the night at the gym. 1 hour incline walking + lower body strength training.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Got up early to run, ran 3.5 miles. No strength training, I was sleepy.
I opted for the breakfast buffet on our last day but forgot to take a picture of my second plate.
- Plate one: Mixed fruit
- Plate two: egg white omelet with Cheddar cheese, spinach, tomato, onion, mushrooms, peppers. Bagel with cream cheese and lox.
- Mahi Mahi sandwich with salad instead of fries
- Gelato cone (one last indulgence before the real world sets back in)!
When I came home from the trip I had two jars of MaraNatha Butters waiting for me. I’m psyched to try their no-stiry goodness. My least favorite part about organic nut butters is stirring in the oil-it’s just sloppy and counterintuitive. Yay, welcome home gifts!
Now, on to today. Back to real life:
Whole grain bagel with light cream cheese
2 Kiwi fruit
1/4 cup mixed nuts
Peaches, Greek yogurt, Granola
Turkey chili with avocado and fresh jalepeno