Happy Father’s Day
Since this weekend is Father’s Day, and I won’t be home to celebrate it (I tend to postpone holidays for my convenience) I figure I would take this opportunity to note some of the things that make my dad so great:
- Little kids always think he’s Santa Claus! He always plays along.
- He will never drink a beer alone. He always wants to split it then discuss whether or not “we” like it.
- He will laugh at anything like it is the funniest thing he’s ever heard. Loud and continuously till everyone around him is laughing. This is a particularly amazing phenomenon in crowded restaurants.
- He is the most annoying waker-upper known to man. No one can wake you up like he can. It’s a gift really.
- I’m pretty sure he’s the smartest person alive.
- He leaves long rambling voicemail for me entirely in German. I don’t speak German.
- He made the finals for the Olympics back in the day.
- He’s game for everything and anything. If you look up “good sport” in the dictionary it would be a picture of my dad.
- When I was a five I cried when he cut his hair, he didn’t cut it again till I was 16.
- He gives the best hugs.
Of course those aren’t all the things that make my dad the best, but just some of the things that make me smile.
Now it’s your turn to brag. What are some of your favorite things about your dad?
Whole Wheat Challah w/Strawberry preserves
Salad w/lettuce, tomato, cucumber, mandarin orange slices, beets, goat cheese, almond slivers
oil & balsamic vinegar
Latte w/1% milk
Stir fry w/ shrimp
Trader Joe’s General Tsao’s stir fry sauce
Exercise: Combo class-1hr. Spin, 30 min. strength training, 30 min abs.