It’s May! There’s something so pure and delicate about May, or at least the sound of May. I feel like May is the baby summer, it’s new and fresh and there’s so much promise and so much to look forward to. I love this time of year!
Last month my resolutionswere about work/life balance, and I did alright with them. Not perfect, but I think by the end of the month I’d definitely established a more feasible work schedule and fitness routine. I’d also, refocused my eating to more closely resemble what I would consider “normal” for me. I didn’t make it all the way through Passover, but that’s a failure I can live with.
This month, I want to continue on the balance road, but also make sure I take the time to really enjoy my favorite time of year.
- Stick with Bikram. I go in and out of yoga classes because deep down I hate stretching and have hamstrings so tight it’s amazing I can even stand. It’s really important to me to work on my flexibility, so this month I’m making it my resolution to hit the yoga mat 2-3 times a week.
- Remember my roots. Deep down I’m an actor. Always have been, always will be, but since writing has become my main job I haven’t been auditioning, nor submitting like I should. This month I’m going to actually read the trade papers and start submitting regularly for parts.
- Eat seasonally. There’s so much food that I love this time of year, but I’ll admit I’m totally skewed in my knowledge of seasonally eating. It’s hard to know what’s fresh when produce of all shapes and sizes are available year round. This month, I’m going to read up and focus on keeping my pantry and fridge stocked with seasonally appropriate foods.
- Give the luvin’ to my mother. This month is Mother’s Day and although we both acknowledge that it’s a Hallmark holiday, I have the tendency to take my frustration out on her because well, she’ll love me anyway, and she’s probably the one person who knows how to press all my buttons. This month, I’m going to keep my stress in check and enjoy every part of our Las Vegas vacation (in 2.5 weeks).
- Buy shoes. I need new shoes, I’m just going to have to suffer through it and find awesome new summer shoes. It’s a hard life but someone’s got to do it.
I think those are pretty doable goals, and mostly enjoyable. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful summer. So, those are my May resolutions. What are yours?